The Faculty of Social Sciences at Charles University through the support of the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport offers seven development scholarships for developing countries. Applications for these scholarships are open to all students from developing countries and/or countries.
Thanks to a generous contribution from the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, the Faculty of Social Sciences is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships for students of all fee-based programs in academic year 2017/2018. Total of seven scholarships are available, earmarked for students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelor’s studies or master’s studies programmes at Charles University.
- Under the terms of this scholarship, students will receive a waiver of school fees for their first semester of study, plus a one-off payment of 50 000 CZK (about 2050 EUR) as a contribution towards living costs.
- School fees for the second semester of study will not be waived.
- Although we would like to continue the scholarship scheme in school year 2018/19, this is subject to our receiving further funding for future years. At present, therefore, we cannot guarantee that similar scholarships will be available for students’ second year of study.
Applications for these scholarships are open to all students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition, who are applying for study in one of our Bachelor’s studies or Master’s studies programmes at Charles University Faculty of Social Sciences from academic year 2017/18.
- Applications for these scholarships are open to all students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition, who are applying for study in one of our Bachelor’s studies or Master’s studies programmes at FSV UK from academic year 2017/18.
- Applications must be made on the form that accompanies this announcement, and must include the following documents: completed application form, motivation essay of no more than 1000 words, explaining why they need a scholarship, and what they hope to gain from their studies at Charles University and two letters of recommendation from teachers, who know the student from their previous studies, including confirmation of the student’s financial need
- Note: The current scholarship holders who are reapplying do not need to submit the two recommendation letters or write the essay. Please include a cover note and one recommendation letter from a Charles University academic who knows you from your studies with your application.
- Applications should be sent to the Manager of the International Office (find the address here). All documents submitted must be originals and written in the English language, or accompanied by certified translations.
- Important: All scholarship applicants MUST also lodge an online application for their selected study program and note the name of the programme on their application for a scholarship. Without this their application for a scholarship will not be considered.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 30th April 2017. Students who will have problems meeting this deadline due to inefficient or unreliable postal services may, as a temporary measure, submit fax copies and/or scanned copies by e-mail. However, originals must also be sent, and final decisions will not be made until originals have been received.